Monday, July 18, 2005

Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson: Pure Magic

Saturday afternoon I get home looking a hot mess and thinking, "Shit, I'm 30 now, maybe I should take a nap and then have some tapioca pudding", but instead of jacking up the Depends I called my girl Jess and I met her and her roomie to see The Wedding Crashers*. Kids, it was an excellent move.

I'm not going to try and tell you about this funny part or that funny part...what I'm going to tell you is that VV and OW are genius. From the first scene to the last one I was rolling. And oh yeah, any movie that has Dwight Yoakam and Rebecca DeMornay playing a bickering
divorcing couple is alright in my book. Yeah I said it, their respective work in Sling Blade and The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, was it, not even trying to be cute. The mentally challenged and a deranged nanny that miscarries is cinematic gold. Here I go, jumping off topic...

This is not stupid funny, it's just bust a gut stuff. It reminds me of classic 80's funny when they made adult comedies, not the shit they bust out now that is packaged for adult consumption but is basically an overgrown teen shlock.

Vince Vaughn takes it to 15 and Owen Wilson really makes me forget he did Shanghai Knights. Yes, that is a big thing. If nothing else pay the $10.25 to hear VV say, "Look, she is eye fucking me" and "She was my first Asian"...that is comedy.

*After the flick the ladies and I snuck into Batman Begins...hey, if you make it easy, I'm going to do it...and when a movie cost the same price as a meal for a family of 20 I feel I can do such. Regardless, Christian Bale, just great...he IS Batman. Katie Holmes, has a crooked mouth and couldn't act her way through a dinner theater production of Les Mis in Boca. And I'm not saying that because of her facade with Tom Cruise...she bugs...but she's tall so I will give her that. Michael Caine...what a great movie father figure. Cillian Murphy...star...a STAR. Morgan Freeman, nice gig after the Oscar, good looking out Gramps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home