Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bravo: Oh, times have changed

I would love to be REAL sanctimonious and wax poetic about watching Camille Claudel and Paris, Texas on Bravo when it was about artsy flicks but I got to say...I'M LOVING just LOVING the lowest common denominator television they are rocking. It's not right, but really, it's okay.

Yes, there has been tons already said about Being Bobby Brown and I'm not going to try and outwit all the pithy banter but sweet Jesus--I have not had this much fun watching my people getting exploited for white America since watching Cuba Gooding, Jr. act a right fool when he won an Oscar. Actually, I take that back, I wanted to slap his shucking and jiving ass. Who reacts that way? It's an Oscar not the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm pretty sure Bishop Desmond Tutu didn't do acrobatics when he got hooked up, but that is just a wild guess.

All I want to say is crazy is the new retarded and I have to thank Whitney Houston for this. To hell with Bobby, my man is sane as hell compared to her...this is old girl's show. And no one can say "Hell to the no" to me about that.

My other show, and when I say my other show I mean what is clogging up my DVR is Blow Out. Can this show be anymore extra? Back up, it was straight up rhetorical. Really, I never knew I could watch a show where a "straight" hairdresser cries in nearly episode, rips the assholes of his employees and is treated like a messiah. Every week I want to slap Jonathan Antin open palm in the face and then prop him back up when he hits the ground to get some more stupid drama.

Some of the shit that I watch really does test moral fiber...and 50% of the time I fail that test. Oh well. Next week Bobby goes camping and Whitney tracks him down when he acts up...god bless the ridiculousness of cable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Tanya said...

"Mom! We got into Sephora...sob sob sob"

July 15, 2005 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

I want to punch him in his twat so bad.

July 17, 2005 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home