Thursday, June 16, 2005

You know what is putting me in a damn good mood?

The Verve Remixed 3 album. I flipped this bad boy onto the Victrola and heaven help me...try and tell me I'm not enjoying this thing.

For those of you that might not be in the know some crafty fool one day thought, "Shit, why don't I gather up some old skool tracks in the jazz, be-bop vein and have new skool remixers revamp their songs...um, that might be fresh"...and shit if it didn't work the hell out. It worked pretty swell.

This album features: Nina Simone remixed by Postal Service, Anita O'Day remixed by RSL, Astrud Gilberto* remixed by RJD2, my favorite so far, Shirley Horn remixed by Sugardaddy which is hot...among others. It's like dancey and chilled out jams rolled up into one.

Music just rulz, doesn't it?

Check it, if not, you are pretty beat. Yep, I'm not scared of you.

*For real, the song is "The Gentle Rain"...the remix makes you want to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home