Friday, June 17, 2005

I need to give some props

Last night I celebrated my 30th at Shebeen and a had a good ass time. But for real, the best thing was all my heads coming out and dranking mad martinis with me...that shit warms my wee little heart (yes, it's redundant, I don't give a fuck).

My heads not only represented like do but I got some really nice gifts...and yes, I know it's not about gifts, but they are kinda rad. Don't lie, you like stuff too. Here come the shout outs:

*To my dear Mr. Read for giving me a bass geetar...I mean, for real, I was like, no fucking way. Hands down, he is the best gentleman caller. For real, real, not for play, play. Tear.

*Toni Ann, Renee and the crew for getting me a bad ass portable DVD player...holla at a girl when she is on a 10 hour train trip to Montreal as of this Sunday...this is such a good look. And it will look with my gear and that is all that matters when it comes to electronics. Oh, did I mention they also got me the "What's Happening!!" Season 2 on DVD? Don't be jealous...

*Anthony and Mike for throwing mama a digital camera...I was holding on to the old skool and they showed me a whole new world...give me a moment I just need to work out my emotions.

*My sweet Jason "Blickety" Black for giving me the HUGE coffee table book on rock posters that I have been eyeing...sigh. My man always knows what I want, without me even saying a world. It's like you never know who you will keep in touch and become family with after you get jumped out of a gang...Jason is that road dawg for life. Mi vida loca son, mi vida loca...

*Vanessa for the yummy gloss, yes, I will be rocking that tonight!

*The marvelous Jessica Leigh Brown for making my dreams at the Virgin Megastore come true...do I smell Import section? Yes I fucking do.

*Erica, Laura, Sarah and Toni Ann for each giving me beateeful jewerly. I'm going to be extra hot now.

*Ms. Liane Su, for getting her Martha Stewart on and making me a gorgeous necklace...that I rocked the minute I got...you.is.my.bitch.

*Awww, Ry Ry and Tom for just being cute in general and oh so lovable, but also for giving me a BAM Cinema Club membership...my heart is heavy y'all, my heart is mad heavy.

*Ginger and Vanessa's boo Ben, who I only met ONCE, for giving mama top shelf liquor. That is how you get to a bitch's heart...that and a good set of ribs.

I mean, there was mad love going around son!

I have to also take a moment out to give a pound to Ms. Shari Scorca for surprising the hell out of me and hitting my shindig...old girl flew in from LA to hit her friend's wedding upstate and surprised me by showing up at me b'day jam...that is some gangsta stuff...like when Tupac and Biggie used to roll stuff. Girl, I love you.

Another moment needs to go directly to the great Dennis Borowsky for leaving his new bar in QUEENS to hang with lil' mama...your commitment is heartwarming.

And Adrienne, my dear Adrienne, for taking the day off of work the next day cause she was in it to win it...even though we all left at 1am...shit, it was the thought that counts.

To everyone that showed up, were fun, cute...and bought me dranks (Latasha, Paul, Juliana, Steve, Jenny, Alisha, Ethan, Papper, Jim and a cast of many more!!!) thank you so much! I know great people, it was a great time and I got to wear a cute dress...and that is all that matters!

See ya at the next gathering!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

i love you trick, i really do...shit man, that was touching.

June 24, 2005 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home