Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Let the Games Begin!

Man, I love the female Super Bowl!

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/list.html

Just a few comments...

You know my thoughts on Terrence Howard (argh), so I will keep that in check.

Brava to Amy Adams for getting a Best Supporting Actress nom for Junebug. Put this shit in your queue. It is a sweet and thoughtful movie and Ms. Adams will be breaking your heart and cracking you the eff up. My girl will lose to Rachel Weisz, who TOTALLY deserves to win, but shit, nice nom ma. Um, not happy to see that The Constant Gardener was given the shaft in the other major categories. Ralph Finnes SHOULD have gotten had a Best Actor nom locked, as well as Fernando Meirelles for Best Director and to me this is THE BEST PICTURE. But that is neither here nor there. Devils. But even though I don't think Brokeback Mountain is as GREAT as everyone thinks it is (for real, it's really good, but dang. I did cry like a bitch for the last 5 minutes), but how happy am I to see Jake Gyllenhaal get a nom. He's swell. Sigh.

March 5th is going to rule.

Erika's Oscar Picks...yeah, Ima put money on this:
Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Director: Ang Lee
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon
Best Supporting Actor: Paul Giamatti
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz

Let do dis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home