Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I want to punch Miranda July in her box

Who is Miranda July? I shall tell you. She is visual artist that wrote and directed Me and You and Everyone We Know--a movie that made me want to kick me foot through my new 23" Samsung and set my own vagina on fire. I fucking hated it. I probably hated it even more because EVERYONE I know loves it and thinks I'm batshit insane because I'm willing to drown a newborn so that the memory of this "film" is erased from my wee head. Let me give you the bullshit descript of this pretentious fucker from the Netflix and then I will continue with my rage. Commence:

Today's world of technology and convenience makes it increasingly difficult to find a real connection with another person. In this compelling look at the everyday human experience, Christine (Miranda July) is a cab driver and artist who leads a solitary life. Richard (John Hawkes) is a recently divorced father who's waiting for great things to happen in his life. When his path crosses with Christine's, he's both entranced and panic-stricken.

Yeah, sure.

Here is my numerical breakdown of my beef:
1) The review states that it's compelling. Eff that. I was compelled to turn the shit off within 10 minutes. It was directed by a "visual artist" (aren't we all!) and it feels like I'm trapped in a really bad "visual" art installation--with no air--in a closet--while endearing Chinese water torture.
2) The writer-director is also the lead actress. She should do none of the three.
3) Guess what is narsty? Having a sub-plot in your movie about where children are involved in chat room sex. You know what else is? Having a 5 year old meet up with a woman that is engaging in this "sex" with him in a park. And um I really don't want to sit through a scene where a 13 year old kid is getting a blow job from two teenage girls. I'm going to call the authorities you trick. Whatever you think your metaphor is for this just let it go. Pervert. And trust me, I can get my freaky on...this is just retarded.

Hateful story more hateful:
If you liked this movie you are dead to me. I mean it, I'm not mincing my words here. That bitch is lucky it clocked in under 90 minute cuz anything more would have had been dealt with in a pool of blood. Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home