Sunday, August 07, 2005

1990 was a good year

Okay, in actuality it wasn't THAT dope for me cause I had a "Wave Nouveau" perm, braces and glasses...um, yeah, sex on a platter...but besides that shit was alright. Why? Well cause that was the year that Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo Habitual came out, an album that I have raved about many a time on the lil' blog here (there is no reason for me to go off on how grand Eric Avery is AGAIN) but also that's when the Happy Mondays' Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches came out...an album I JUST bought on CD (back off, I had that shit on cassette back in the day) when I was last in LA.

I just wanted to remind all you kids out that there that this was the album with "Step On" on it. Yeah, I'm home right now, chilling with my jammers on, listening to this track for the 5th time in a row. Some would call it obsessive, I call it a tribute. Don't judge me...it makes you look fat.

To break it down...Manchester, they had a scene. Shaun Ryder was doing cracked out-crazy ass white man while Pete Doherty of the Libertines was still on his mama's teet....dude, was a legend. The homegirl that was doing the backing vocals on "Step On", Rowetta, killed it.

Getting nostalgic for a time not so long ago really does warm my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home