Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sometimes the morning news cracks me up

This morning I'm in the loo getting all presentable, you know, thin line of black liner on the top lid, a touch of bronzer to even out my blackness, the usual.

Well as I'm applying the final touches and I hear on the CNN from a democratic consultant, regarding Bushy's Supreme Court nomination: "This could have been a time for the Bush to pick someone that represented the people. Someone of color, a woman, an Asian..."

So let me breakdown some key points here:
1) He said "the Bush"...that is always funny
2) He assumed that Bush would think outside of the old boys network. Um, okay. Uh, no. This is the motherfucking Supreme Court, not the Secretary of Agriculture...he wants to leave a legacy and a legacy that says, "Fuck this 'we are the world shit', I'm white, I want white people around me to make the REAL important decisions and you can't do a goddamn thing to stop me from doing it. And when I say white people, I mean white conservative males that miss the 'good old days'!"
3) And the kicker point is the fact that my man decided that Asians are not of color, they are their own subsect.

Sometimes you have to laugh at your own. Oh, and I really miss Bill Hemmer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I found your blog a few weeks back and just checked in again. Your incites are invaluable. And beyond that, you are funny as hell. Right on about Bush and Jude. Keep it up and I'll keep laughing my ass off.

July 30, 2005 at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home