Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hey Jesse Jackson!

Sir...yes, you, Mr. Jesse Jackson, Mr. Rainbow Coalition. Just want to throw this out there. Um, now I think you feel that since you are a "Reverend" and all you should get all up in this Terri Schiavo madness but back out of it. No for real, not your issue. Please, for the love of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost let this die down without you getting all "I have a dream" about it...PLEASE!!!!

See, a great deal of the public that is all rah, rah about keeping her on a feeding tube are some pro-life/right wing zealots...aka...fucking insane sumofabitches. Last time I checked Randall Terry, that fun guy, is involved in the movement and if I'm not mistaken he don't like colored folks. Come on now...do you want to rub elbows with dude? I'm sure him and David Duke go fly fishing together...that is not sexy.

With that...take it home man. I'm sure they need more speakers at the Johnnie Cochran funeral and the Rev. Al Sharpton is going to need some back up my brother.

On that note...if I ever get in a vegetative state I'm asking my friends and family to please PULL the plug, the feeding tube whatever...for real. And if that can't happen I need someone to make sure a few things are taken care of. Here we go:

1) Make sure that my eyebrows, and upperlip are waxed...I would like the ladies of Nails Town to do it, preferably Esther...she is rad.
2) My hair is bound to be a mess...naps out of control and my kitchen totally unruly. At all times I must have a freshly pressed black hankerchief on my head.
3) I have very dry skin...bound to be hella dry if my ass can't move and I need to be flipped around all dang day...my lotion of choice is St. Ives Cucumber Melon...fragrant, but not too much. Fresh.
4) Please hide any "toys" that might be in apartment. Really, as my mom is grieving she doesn't need to find any...um, appliances. Not fresh.
5) The spiritual leader that shall lead vigils as I lay in wait to meet my maker shall be the great Rev. Al Green...and when he needs to really break shit down I would like him to be backed by either Queens of the Stone Age or by Sly Stone's band...the Family Stone. No exceptions. If they want to all jam together that would be awesome.
6) Oh and I hate hospital gear...I need some comfy threads. My preference is 100% cotton girlie boxers, a hoodie and a form fitting t-shirt...I'm partial to American Apparel. Oh and I get cold at night, I might need some long terry cloth pants...they don't have to be Juicy Couture, I have a pair from Delia's which are just as good.

Okay, I think that is some food for thought. Everyone take their vitamins and stay safe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Can it be a full dress rehearsal...cause I need to make sure I got the freshest gear possible. Thanks Artiekins!

April 1, 2005 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home