Tuesday, March 22, 2005

New friends are awesome

Let me start off by saying that I'm one hell of a people person that can get really annoyed by fools but I do enjoying meeting new heads that restore my faith in humanity. Okay, that was a little extra but just roll with me...

Last week Mr. Read and I went to Essex before planning to see the Brazilian Girls. Had some chow, cocktails and chatted. Well we are both fun people so we ended up chatting and cocktailing to the point where it got too late to see the show so we continued the party train to 151.

If you don't already know 151 is MY spot. I had my 29th b'day party there and tore the shit up and my girl Yanna and I used to go there every damn week so one of the bartenders could pine for her...straight entertainment...it was a good look. Anyway, we hit it and it was like I like it pretty empty and dark...sweet.

So we saddle up to the bar and I hear the two dudes next to us talking about the Cocteau Twins and them pulling out of Coachella and I'm like, well I don't know what the sound of whipping around in chair is but that was what I was like that. (Honeychile that is for the next post...I'm hella pissed about the CT, I could flip over a table with a newborn on it. Bitchfuck!) At this point I'm sure the Mr. Read was like oh lord, let her mind her business but that was not going to happen. So I'm like what up, ain't that some shit about the Cocteau Twins, sorry to butt into your conversation but I'm vexed. First dude was like, no worries, yeah I feel you and chat, chat, chat. At this point I was just feeling friendly and I felt the door was opened so I walked the fuck in kept the mouth running. Thankfully the Read is a friendly chatter also cause next thing you know the introductions are made (Paul and Andre thank you very much!) and bam...we got new friends.

In no time we are talking about the acoutics of music venues in the city and the magic of Coachella and the Mr. Read and Andre (he's the brooding one, nice dude, don't be scurred!) are all getting in depth about Minor Threat and Bad Brains. Some times passes, we switch dudes and Andre and I are going on about Mars Volta and I'm telling him that we all have to meet up at the bar Rope* one day and take over the jukebox and carry on. Then the other gents are exchanging e-mails cause Paul said he was going to add us to his list that he sends out each week about upcoming shows. Good looking out Paul, cause of that I saw that Eagles of Death Metal are playing on the 5th...swalla!

Moral of the story, there are some nice and cool as hell music heads out there to get your blase blase on with. Andre and Paul are rad and have good taste in music. And when it comes down to it that is what is life is about...radness and good taste.

SuperFresh!

*Rope is a GREAT bar near my partment in Clinton Hill. It is owned by the fancy Frank, he is French and so very. You know how the French are. Well they show movies on Sunday, have a good amount of seating, a great backyard for Spring/Summer dranking and the crowning jewel of it...a killer jukebox. Um, two QOTSA albums on it. Yeah, awesome. Did I mention that I will be seeing them in two days? Well I'm doing it now. It shall be rad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home