Thursday, November 18, 2004

It's a good look for him, seriously it is

I'm reading through the latest SPIN mag, seeing what the kids are into, when I get to the review section and see a recent picture of A Perfect Circle...yeah, the band fronted by funnyman Maynard James Keenan. (For real, dude was down with Bill Hicks, that makes him a conniseur of funny and in turn funny...in his fucked up Tool way.) Well let me get to the point...As I'm checking it out I'm like, "Oh there is wacky old Maynard in big old flip flops and that amusing wig of his again. Let's see, there is James Iha. He looks so much healthier now that he is not in Smashing Pumpkins and having his narrow little Asian ass being oppressed, good for you my dear." Then it strikes me when I get to Mr. Jeordie White...oh shit, gasp...he's kinda cute...and he can thank a certain new stage look for that.

For all in the know Jeordie is better (and formally) known as Twiggy Ramierez...when he was in Marilyn Manson before he got kicked to the curb. When he was in the aforementioned musical outfit (ya like that? I might say it again one day) he was all sorts of pasty and just not my cup of goth-metal-glam tea. Now...bring it on. Long gone is the make-up and the man dresses (and some fucked up tresses) and here we got with a tasteful (and simple) button down shirt, nice pants and a cardigan. Yeah bitch, I said cardigan...and dammit if it is not a smart look for him. The haggard shit is a wrap, he's smiling and just seeming so happy with his new life...a life without the iron clad hand of Brian Warner coming down on him. You just know the old boss used to smack him about the face with his cock when he acted up...totally.

So Jeordie, this is for...looking good boo, keep up the good work. You enjoy yourself with your new(ish) musicial buddies and if you ever want to go shopping just give me a call.

Smooches!

And by the by...I'm a fan of the APC so check out the site...they have some interesting links:

http://www.aperfectcircle.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

On the first Mr. Show box set, the commentary on "Coupon: The Movie" talks about how Maynard used to hang out with those guys all the time, and Bob and David had no clue that he was even in a band. That made me have all kinds of respect for MJK, even though I still am completely creeped out by Tool.

November 19, 2004 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

TOOL RULZ!

November 19, 2004 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home