Thursday, October 28, 2004

What got me moving this morning

1) "I Never" by Rilo Kiley. I was so wanting to hate this band cause of the HYPE MACHINE vibe but they got me with this track. Ms. Jenny Lewis kills it with this country tinged number about loving a man she never thought she would and wanting to buy property with him. If that ain't something that doesn't speak to a New Yorker that wants to own in this city I don't know what does. Also, the string arrangements on this ditty are as smooth as butter.

2) Since we're here..."Does He Love You?" another tender little morsel by the RK. In this one Ms. Lewis spins a yarn about a love that her and a young man have...a man that ends up getting married and having a baby with another lass but still loves her. Yeah, gets you right there in the gut. Lyrics are great, music is flawless...I give this tune a lot of love.

3) Bill Hemmer for looking just super cute today on CNN American Morning. I just want to either put him in a curio cabinet or...well, let me work that out on my own clock.

4) Figuring out where I'm going to put the photo that I purchased from my new pal, Derrick Gomez, in my apartment. For real folks, this dude is an AMAZING photographer and a sweet dude to boot. Check out his stuff at: http//www.derrickgomez.com.

5) Jamming out to part of the George Michael 2-disc collection that came out ages ago. Okay, I'm surprised GM didn't hurt nobody with the song "Fastlove" cause I almost busted my ass this morning working out some choreography to it!

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had a crush on Bill Hemmer!

October 28, 2004 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Oh honey, you are not alone, you are not alone...

November 1, 2004 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home