Thursday, October 14, 2004

Brody Dalle, I ain't mad at ya gurl!

Today's MAJOR obession is The Distillers album, Coral Fang. At the moment it is the third time that I have listened to this today...and twice last night after that coma inducing thing I would like to call the presidential Debates.

Now when I first heard of Ms. Brody Dalle (at the time Mrs. Brody Armstrong) and the boys in the band I thought she was just Tim Armstrong's old lady and he saved her from a shrimp on the barbie existence in Australia to live the life of tattoos and Bud on these great shores of ours. But then a funny thing happened...

Yesterday I was listening to (shout out) indie 101.3 on-line (LA station) and the song "Drain the Blood" came on and was like, "What the fuck?! Is this The Distillers and am I having an absolute moment of rawk right now?" By the time the song ended I was like, oh yeah, I'm having a moment...and for Gael's sake the hype machine was right! We got a winner. Okay, yeah, I'm about a year after the fact with this revelation but I march to the beat of my own damn drummer so feel free to kiss my well shaped black ass. For real, it's pretty awesome...I enjoy it a lot.

So then what do I do but take myself over to Virgin Megastore and buy the bad boy...hoping that it was not just that one song I liked. And hand over heart when I listened to it all the way through, without thinking of skipping a song, I wanted to write the band and thank them because in this day and age that is rare. I mean I don't know how many times I've spent 15 bucks on some shit and then peddled that mess to Sounds hoping I could make a few clams back. Motherfuckers will rob you with this thing they want to call music just having a "single" or two on an album and then some other bullshit! Oh wait...she is about to break it down right now...I love this part of song 6...I'm scurred of you gurl, work it the fuck out but don't hurt yourself!

Okay, I'm back. So because of this moment of clarity I have not decided not to hate Brody for leaving Tim Armstrong (to this day I STILL love Operation Ivy and have mad respect for Rancid), after he probably helped to shepard her career, for Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age. Well, first off, shit happens and second...Josh is just rock and sex on a platter so I really can't blame her. That was all up in her face...what was she supposed to do?!

So the conclusion...buy the album. Don't question me on this, I'm not fond of confrontation. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home