Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Honey, I'm hungry like a damn wolf

Yesterday I was having a testy female day...just living in my head and annoying the fuck out of myself but all of that changed this morning when...

I RAN INTO JOHN "DURAN SQUARED" TAYLOR IN THE ELEVATOR BANK OF MY OFFICE! Okay, I need to put my head between my knees and just breathe because I'm about to fall out.

Now for all of you that were not young girls in the 80's you might not get the magnitude of this but trust me it is HUGE. My everlasting love and appreciation of bass players (particularily fine ass one's like JT...oh yeah Justin Timberlake there was a JT before you and there will be the same JT after you) stems from the oeuvre of the magical and magnificent Mr. John Taylor. He made stage left oh so sexy for oh so many years. Yep, I knew his stage placement very well.

So picture this. I had just got my wheat bread from the deli (the same deli where some crazy homeless dude punched me in the back...that is another story), my water and some Advil Cold and Sinus (yeah, feel bad for me) and was heading into the building at the bright and early time of 11:19am. Right as I say hello to the lovely security guard my eye shifts to the right...cause I got a crazy eye ..and who is there but JOHN FUCKING TAYLOR. He looked glorious in a cute little hat, disheavled but expensive outfit and his face was aged like a fine wine. For real folks, I stopped but my bag down and had to lean against the wall. It was like I was 12 years old again and I had just gotten Notorious. Sidenote: that Nile Rodgers can produce like a motherfucker.

And can I say dude is fucking tall! I was like damn, you better work it out there! Most musicians are really pasty wee men but JT is just man-size...just like PJ Harvey. That right there was for the real players reading this.

Anyway, I had to share my tale with you all. For years I have said that I would die if I ever saw John Taylor in public but luckily I did not. Yes, I had a small heart attack, but the fact that my heart may never be the same again is fine because I walked in the pathway of a true 80's cultural phenom and that doesn't happen everyday.

End scene.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home