Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oops for iTunes, Yay for Me!--The New Death Cab for Cutie

So after seeing Death Cab for Cutie at Coachella this year (yeah, again, I will get to that post) I see why the folks are into em.

See, I was always like, ehh, okay, cool, sure. Just cuz.

Well after sitting down on the grassy knoll (not really, I just like saying knoll) and listening to them play songs from the upcoming album I was like, "Oh shit, these dudes really write some well crafted songs. And wait, I like that song...and that one...oh and that jam from a few years ago. It IS good!" Sometimes I'll have the realization that it's time to jump on a legitimate bandwagon. Also, I think Chris Walla is kinda cute in that man-boy/manorexic way.

On top of that about a month ago Tate Dogg and I were sitting in a bakery waiting for our brunch table down the street (if I throw in it was in Park Slope it will be too much of a cliche so let's skip it) and "I Will Possess Your Heart" came on, the first single of their new album, Narrow Stairs. Okay, that was a long sentence. Anyways, it came on and we both stopped talking and were like, that bass line is not messing around. He was like I bet this is Death Cab for Cutie and I was like, ah shit, am I going to have to like them now?

The answer is yes.

Fast forward to tonight.

I was on iTunes and I noticed you could pre-order their new album, which comes out next Tuesday. Well, instead of clicking on that I clicked on "See All Albums"--or whatever it says--and I notice that the in addition to getting the pre-order you could purchase the album NOW. I notice 5 other folks left comments all saying pretty much the same thing, "Um, I think this is a mistake, but thanks iTunes!"

Well, I clicked on purchase. It hiccuped a bit then it started downloading. I'm still pretty sure it's not to be released till next week but I'm not mad at that. Atlantic Records and Death Cab might be but I'm not. And for real, I'm the consumer and it is I who should be left happy, right?


Favorite tracks as of now:
Bixby Canyon Bridge
I Will Possess Your Heart
You Can Do Better Than Me
Grapevine Fires
The Ice is Getting Thinner (This ish right here will have you get emotional and whatnot. It's on some "Damn, love can really fuck you up" stuff.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home