Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Drove!

As I might have mentioned before I'm a 32 year old lady with both legs, not blind, and I don't have hooks for hands. Having all that info you would have thought I would have gotten my license when I was 16. You would have lost a bet son.

Long story short I FINALLY got my license this past November and by the way I acted you would have thought I had been short listed for a Nobel prize or a Kids Choice Award. With all that excitement you also would have thought I might have been driving up a storm. Again, would have lost another bet.

Well, last week the mister and I got back from a road trip out west (Nevada, Arizona, Utah...ended at Coachella, that's another story...I swear I'm the same age and they keep getting younger) and I DROVE!

For real, I was trippin'. See I have fear at this age and my fear makes me think I'm going to kill a ton of people on the road and that is not a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Anyhoo, I didn't take out a family of refugees or sideswipe a mini-cooper. I actually kept it together. Okay, I was kinda tense and the mister had to tell me I was veering into the shoulder a few times but after my first half hour behind the wheel I was rollin'. Alright, I had to tell him to not talk to me a couple times cause I can't guide a death trap and have a convo at the same time. I think I need to take some classes in that.

Besides that it was awesome (as the kids say) and I REALLY want to go on another road trip. Like let the wind blow through the make believe weave I'm picturing attached to my scalp right now kinda road trip.

Seriously, if you know me and my "hairdo" that is shoot Tab through the nose funny.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home