Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dionne Warwick: Sigh (Good Sigh)

Sometimes I get a blast from the past (okay, not really my past, more like my Mama's) and it's ovah. Right now, that blast is for some old school Dionne Warwick.

Seriously, have you recently taken the time to just listen to her during the Burt Bacharach years? If the answer is no, please take the time.

This week I was in an edit and my editor and I were waxing poetic about DWar and I realized, "Oh shit, I don't have any of her jams." I mean I have always enjoyed her classy collection but I have never had any vinyl/8 tracks/CD's in my hot lil hands.

So last night, after watching a few episodes of LA Ink (dang Pixie, you just tripped and Kim, I never thought you had it in you!) and dining on some su-shay, I went on the iTunes and downloaded her The Dionne Warwick Collection: Her All-Time Greatest Hits. Chile, they are the greatest.

I had not heard "Anyone Had a Heart" in AGES and I was like, WORK!!

Honestly, you listen to a little of that, some "Don't Make Me Over," "I'll Never Fall in Love Again," "Walk On By," and in no time you will rolling up to 15 years on the street screeching, "They don't make them like they use to! How can you listen to all this noise nowadays...this hippity hop?!" Then you will waddle away knowing that you have some Dionne Warwick on the iPod and all will be right with the world.

Whitney, you are so lucky she is your cousin. Oh, and good luck with your comeback gurl.

Alright, I'm going on a Patti LaBelle bender now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home