Saturday, March 22, 2008

Well Since I'm Talking About Miss Patti...

There are two famous folk that if I met I would ask for a hug and because of that immediate contact I would start to weep to the point of seizure because at that moment I would have realized that, "Sweet Jesus, I'm here, hugging_______ and I know that I look crazy, but I am one step closer to being in a better place and that is worth being put in a choker hold by_______'s people."

Those two people are Patti LaBelle and Al Green. Why? Because like Anita Baker they bring me joy. And these seem like the types that would give a hug and if you asked for a lil medley of their greatest hits they might do it. Or at least I like to think that.

Anyhoo, as you might have seen I'm a Patti kick and I'm making sure everyone is coming along for the ride.

Really, who doesn't love Patti LaBelle? If you don't already you will after watching her at this year's Rock and Rock Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. After you watch look up OWNS IT in the dictionary and you will see a picture of Miss Patti with her famous hot sauce.

Trust.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Knz9PNRV1kM

Oh and if you get some time watch her interview from the press room. Who knew that 50's "In Da Club" was her jam and that she was working some 6 inch Versace pumps while KILLING it? Honey, apparently 63 is the new 25. Can I please, please, please have brunch with her and then go shopping in some big hats and big sunglasses? God, I don't ask for much...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbkPOIXjyD0

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home