Friday, August 31, 2007

Destination Darkie Count: Woodstock, Vermont

During my lady of leisure time the mister and I have been taking a few treks throughout the summer. First it was the Catskills for me birthday (apparently I turned 87 and wanted to return to my days hitting the Borscht Belt...for reals though, shit is nice), New Paltz because why not, Chicago/Wisconsin for family reunion (that is for another blog...chile, some comedy), Cape Cod cause my man likes to get his faux blueblood on (in a keeping it real kinda fashion) and now Woodstock, Vermont.

Honestly the internets need to be taken away from me cause what happens is I think of somewhere I want to go and then I do some broad ass search, get fixated on a town for no reason at all and then go into a frenzy finding a place to stay on the Craigslist. I guess we all need hobbies, right? Well this go round I found the cutest damn carriage house on 250 acres of land near a pond and I'm tickled pink.

So what am I going to do when I'm there? For two days straight I'm going to read my trashy mags, finish a book on rats and take as many pictures of syrup--and me consuming it--as possible. Cause, you know, that is what I hear goes down in Vermont. Oh, and I'm going to count how many other black people I see. Again, hobbies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CinJen said...

What about riding the White pony?

September 5, 2007 at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home