Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dixies Chicks & Jenny Lewis: A Good Friday Night

It's Friday night, around midnight...
The mister left this afternoon for Vermont to ski with some buds which was perfect: I was finally going to start writing this Blonde Redhead article (which I should have finished by now) that is due this Monday and you know, be productive. Well instead I got sushi, some red velvet cake and watched Shut Up & Sing, the Dixie Chicks doc directed by Barbara Kopple and Cecilia Peck. I think I made the right decision.

What great piece of filmmaking. More like, what great subjects. Seriously, I want to be friends with these ladies. Ms. Natalie Maines is just a no holds barred broad that is taking names and numbers. If you don't know what this doc is about google it (brohaha over her "comments" about the president, etc.)...for reals. Otherwise, trust me and put it on your queue.

After that I got on the phone with my girl Toni Ann and talked about PDA's and then decided to put on the Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins album, Rabbit Fur Coat, on. Hands down, my favorite album of 2006. Right now "Born Secular" is on. In about a second a tear will come to my eye and I will start thinking about "the good word."

On that note: Have a blessed weekend my tender vittles.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home