Monday, February 20, 2006

Seriously, I'm all up in the Olympics grill

Okay, it is 10:43pm, I have to get up at 6:20 am but I can't rip myself away from the ice dancing competition--go figure.

Seriously, the only folks I can recall from the ice dancing world are Torville & Dean...and they competed about 22 years ago...whatevs I'm riveted. Call it fruity if ya want but these fools are ATHLETES...these lifts are insane!

Maybe I'm glued to the screen because over the weekend it got real gangsta. See, the Italian duo were rocking their original dance...and then dude dropped his girl....and it got ugly--real quick. Like cut you in your face with a Hep-C infected needle dirty. After the fall homegirl got up and gave him the longest...we are talking 30 plus seconds long...look of pure rage. It was so bad my feelings got hurt. This went all the way backstage, and all the way up until today right as they went on the ice for their free skate. And guess what...they killed it.

For a second I was like drop the bitch, don't let her treat you like a damn fool, it was a motherfucking accident. My other feeling was shit, I know I trip when my man doesn't open a door for me or walks in front of me on the street, so this has got to be deep for her. I also wanted my man to come through because he would NEVER live this down if their performance was not money. Hell hath no fury like a woman that has been dropped on some hard ass ice.

They skated like their life depended on it--and lucky them they were skating in front of an Italian crowd that was acting like this was a Nascar event.

When they finished their routine---which the commentators made not ONE comment throughout---she looked up at dudino and them embraced him and gave him a kiss and he looked like was going to cry (which he did backstage). I was touched son, for real. The lady commentator then slayed me when she busted out from the silence, "Well I guess he is back on her good side." Yeah that was funny. And then, I think it's my man Dick Enberg, who has been way too dickish for my taste this go round, who said, "All the sweetness and light is out now." Yeah, I instantly thought of the group Lush and for an instant was hoping old Dick has Gala on his iPod.

Straight up bellissimo.

Okay, well let me get back to the action--the Bulgarians are up now and the Russians just finished--who were on fire. The possibility of getting a subsidized housing, a loaf of bread, and a pair of stonewashed jeans --back in your Eastern Bloc/Communist land--will put a little giddidy up in your step in trying to get the gold. I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home