Monday, November 14, 2005

Yeah, I been sleeping on this...

...but I'm here to rectify.

So the weekend before Halloween a bunch of us...and by a bunch I mean, like 13...went to the Warriors Halloween Party and were awesome.

Yes, I know, I'm telling this to you late. But I feel that someone out there would like to know that all of us went as members of the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA), you know, the group that kidnapped Patty Hearst. Uh huh, that is what is called bad-ass in about 57 countries and about 36 states in the U.S. I looked it up.

Since I'm a negress it would be have been easy to go the Black Panther route but goddammit I'm about diversity...and I couldn't leave my white folks out in the lurch like that so ta da...revolution and kidnapping for all...the SLA. Seriously folks, we were tough. Not only did we have the camo gear, but we had fake guns, bulletbelts, iron-ons with our "insignia" on it (thanks Nicole!) and literature (that's my girl Adrienne, who was ON point the whole night, ready to "shoot" people in a heartbeat)...yes, we passed out literature about our group. I roll with smarties, we educate son, it's that kinda game.

So we danced, we drank, we educated and took some hostages too. It was more fun than shaking a stick at a dead kitten. But I have to say the moment where I knew it was taken to another level was when I saw pics of some of my crew on Gawker.com and on the site of the photographer that took them. Lord, my kids grow up so fast and I am proud.

Check em* out, they the apple of my eye. Tear.

*Look for the gals and guys in military looking gear...and my girl Yanna, you know the blond bombshell, she is KILLING it. Love that trick. Third picture down, girl on the right. She's (surprisingly) single and ready to mingle fellas.

http://gawker.com/news/party-crash/team-party-crash-warriors-halloween-party-134278.php

http://ambrel.net/2005/1029-warriors/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home