Monday, August 29, 2005

Man, I love me some Kelly Clarkson

See, this would be the time for me to write about 10,000 words on how BAD the VMA's were last night but I'm not.

I could start talking about how "Diddy's" ego is the size of Star Jones' former ass. Or how bat shit insane R. Kelly is with his "opus" about cheating, gay love, and gun play. Maybe I could try to give some insight on why there were a million and a half cutaways to angry looking celebs in the audience (which was quite amusing, fools looked like they were smelling bad air, and that always makes me giggle)...but I shant not.

What I'm here to talk about is my girl Kelly Clarkson.

I could give two shits about "American Idol" and all that hoopla but lord knows I love a lil' white girl that has a squat little body and a personality the size of the Pacific Northwest (Tacoma in the hizzie!) that can sang. I love me some "Since U Been Gone" and that girl killed it last night...not even trying to be cute here. That song is the PERFECT pop song. Anyone that wants to try to take me to the mat on that one can shut the fuck up. I'm not listening to you. You are wrong. I am right. Pure perfection.

She came on that stage owning it and rocked out like Pat Benatar in her golden years...uh huh, that is rad. The young lass was stomping out barefooted shaking her ghetto booty and rocking that mic stand like Axl Rose circa 1989...yeah, I was scurred of her. The best part was when she got on this podium in the middle of streaming water--got her ass wet like a rat with her make-up just bout to run down her face--and then falls off the podium, gets the muck back up there and took it to church. Bitch.better.work.

Moral of the story, I love her and I love a perfect pop song. Miss Kelly...you do you honey, you do you.

Hey, while I'm on this kick check out indie darling Ted Leo's lovely and non-ironic cover of said jam...he even throws in a lil' Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's "Map"...this is a jam.
http://junk.haughey.com/tedleo-sinceubeengone.mp3

And if you kids like some background on your pop here is the breakdown of the magic of "Since U Been Gone":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Since_U_Been_Gone

1 Comments:

Blogger Dragonflyfox said...

I love me some Kelly Clarkson too. She owned the VMA's as far as I'm concerned. And yeah, Since U Been Gone is the perfect pop song. I would also venture to say that Breakaway is the nearly perfect pop album.

September 20, 2005 at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home