Thursday, January 06, 2005

Okay, I'm no Nic Harcourt or Matt Pinfield...

...but in my mind I'm way cooler than Ryan Seacrest!

On that note I just finished up my first radio engagement and I had a ball. I must say I was nervous cause I didn't know what the hell I was doing but shit if 2 hours don't pass like damn lightening when you playing some ditties. Oh, and yes, I fugged up a few times, but it could have been worse, right?

Got to give a shout out to Todd at OfficeOps for breaking it all down for me in a flash and not making me feel like I was down with the syndrome. A HUGE amount of love goes to my dear friend Chris Provenzano who was listening in LA and called my cellie to tell me to speak UP when I was on air...Sir, that was kind of you, and quite money. I shall dedicate tracks to you every damn week. Lots of hugs to Ms. J Boogie Brown (yeah, that would be Jessica Brown, but doesn't Boogie Brown sound fierce?!) for e-mailing me tonight to say she listened and she is on the quest to get me a full blown radio show. Gurl, yer funny and fabulous...love you like a former roommate and pal for life!

Shit this was more fun then waking up with my ass bleeding and then getting high. Really, never thought anything could top that!

So, if you didn't get it check it out tonight (and I hope you do in later weeks when I hopefully get better!) here's what I played. Fresh.

In order:

Methamphetamine Blues-Mark Lanagan Band
I Don't Know What It Is But it Sure Is Funky-Ripple
Alone Again Or-Calexico
Waiting Room-Fugazi
The Bridge is Over-Boogie Down Productions
Once in a Lifetime (Live)-Talking Heads
If I Ever Feel Better-Phoenix
I'm a Man-Steve Winwood
Take It Easy My Brother Charles-Jorge Ben
Pauline-Eleni Mandell
Nadine-Frank Black & The Catholics
Institutionalized-Suicidal Tendencies
Violently Happy (MTV Europe Unplugged)-Bjork
The Truth-Handsome Boy Modeling School
Trouble-Ray LaMontagne
Hall of Mirrors-The Distillers
Tainted Love-Gloria Jones
Changingman-Paul Weller
Vanity Fair-Mr. Bungle
Pretend We're Dead-L7
What Are You Afraid Of?-West Indian Girl
Funk 49-James Gang
Eple-Royksopp
Cities In Dust-Siouxsie & The Banshees
If You Want Me To Stay-Sly & The Family Stone
Pit Stop (Take Me Home)-Lovage
Station to Station-David Bowie
I Wanna Make it Wit Chu-Desert Sessions 9/10


2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

Wanna DJ my wedding?

January 6, 2005 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

It would be a damn honor!

January 7, 2005 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home