Monday, December 13, 2004

You need to respect this brother

I got home from the Pixies (oh yeah, there will be a breakdown in this very lil' blog tomorrow...I need to let it soak ALL the way in), decided to put on a some telly and who was on Larry King Live? My man, former President Jimmy Carter. Seriously, I heart this man. No joke.

Say whatever you want about his presidency (don't get me started on the Iranian hostage situation...he was totally duped) but this man has to be the GREATEST former president based on his humanitarian work not only in this country but abroad. What he has done to try and bring BASIC human rights and self-reliance into first through third world countries is beyond commendable, it's heroic. And this is tremendously important in a time when doing what is right for the world (and this country) is monetarily based. He deserved the Nobel Peace Prize he won and dammit, throw the brother one (along with his homegirl of 58 years, Rosalind) for every year he goes out there and does what he does. This man DOES not do this because it makes him look good but because he knows that as a human being taking part in this world it is his duty.

Anyway, I just got to say that whenever I see him on TV it just bring a smile to my face and makes me know that there are good people out there doing good things. He is the perfect representative for whatever humanity is left out there as an American citizen when he faces the world stage and thank GOD he is there.

Love yah Jimmy, don't let the bastards try to hold you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home