Monday, December 06, 2004

BRAVO...killing it again

Please tell me there are MANY out there that LOVE Significant Others on Bravo as much as I do?! That show is so side-splittingly amusing.

Premise: It's a bunch of couples living in LA that are going to therapy so they have that "talk to the camera as if it is a shrink" thing happening. In lesser shows that is really annoying, here, just good fun. What is so grand about this show is that it is improvised and lucky for us all the actors on this show are GREAT. Really, there is not one bad egg. Last night one of the episodes featured "Ethan and Eleanor" (the young couple married for 18 months) and they have this killer fight. Pretty much Ethan is a pussy, and yes, his wife call him that on camera, uh huh, that is comedy folks, and asks his wife to get up and do something about the water heater being broken so he can take a hot shower. The look of utter disgust and contempt she has for him when he wakes her up is priceless. Eleanor tells him to go ask one of the neighbors to use their shower... he wigs out and therefore the term "pussy" comes up. She gets up...all angry and shit...and ends up asking the neighbor's teenage son if her hubby can borrow their shower. His mom comes out of nowhere thinks hanky panky is going on and all all breaks lose until she figures out it is harmless.

Cut to the husband going to the other neighbor looking for his wife and it just gets stupid funny. He ends up bounding with this 86 year old woman, talks about his marriage with her, lady says his wife sounds like a bitch, Ethan realizes him and old lady take the same medication and he ends up rubbing lotion on her "dry spot" cause she can't reach it. Yep, he is 29...and it is a tender moment.

Cut back to other house...Eleanor is bounding with the kid talking about he is more together than her boo and next thing you know they are smoking pot in his makeshift fort in the backyard where they are caught by his mom and her husband who figures out where his wife ended up. As you can guess, hilarity ensues. This was not the only "couple" that was featured on this ep but I just had to break it down.

For real, I am not doing this justice but you HAVE to check out this show...every Sunday on Bravo at 9pm. These fools are cragy as hell and have me howling like a banshee all up in my apartment. Good times, good times.

Oh, and I'm not sure how I feel about this but I have a feeling that I'm going to LOVE Project Runway. The first episode was repeated after The Sig and I have to say, I can see myself getting riveted. Now Ms. Heidi Klum is working a very foreign Tyra Banks thing here, a la America's Next Top Model...but it still works for me. There is going to be MAD drama and I'm already ready for it.

Living and twirling at it's cattiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home