Monday, January 31, 2005

I'm a happy bitch

Wanna know why? Cause the line-up for Coachella was released and THE FUCKING COCTEAU TWINS WILL BE THERE! I'm so stoked I'm about to throw up in my goddamn mouth. Swalla!

Every year they kill it at Coachella. I mean, just when I thought they couldn't top themselves they just come out and slap me in the face like a trash-talking hooker with a heart of gold and bring it! The first year I went it was Jane's Addiction (sans Eric Avery, that is NOT cool but you dig) then the Beastie Boys and last year PIXIES! And now a band that I have loved as long as said Pixies that I have NEVER seen before...the Cocteau Twins...it's 4AD heaven up in this bitch. Seriously, these bookers are trying to give me a slight stroke cause my little system can't take this much happiness. Oh shit, I'm getting dizzy.

And we not going to even get into the fact that The Chemical Brothers will be there dropping it like it is hotter than hell. When they were there last there they had to shut em down cause the desert couldn't handle the block rockin beats. And really, that is a lot to handle. Beyond that you got the dirty south stylings of Diplo, Weezer, Bauhaus (get your goth on!), NIN, Rilo Kiley, The Prodigy, Gang of Four, New Order, Black Star and my new favorite Arcade Fire. This is making me feel not so bad about sleeping on getting tickets to their show this week in the NYC that sold the fuck out. Stupid. Anyway, the line-up is insane...check it:

http://www.coachella.com

Now I don't have my tickets yet...cause they aren't on sale yet...but a few minutes ago my girl Shari and I reserved a condo for the weekend so we are feeling real sexy. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a patio facing the pool. Yeah, don't be jealous...it's not a good look. The best part, 2 miles from the venue and if you have ever been to Coachella you will know what holy hell it is to get there.

So there you have it...I'm tripping and I will continue to trip. And for real kids...try and make it out to the desert this year...it is so worth the heat to listen to great music with a bunch of amazing people! Shit, mama might have a little space in the condo...Shari and I will make sure there is some extra frozen daiquiris around! Yippfuckingee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home