Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Girl on Girl Action

Can we talk about the smack down known as the Condoleezza Rice confirmation hearings in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee? Holy shit...who would of thought it was going to turn into American Gladiators?!

So I'm watching it off and on for the 9,325 hours it was on yesterday and Barbara Boxer brought the fire! Now, I'm from Cali, I'm a registered democrat, hell...I'm even wee like the Boxer so I feel her...but even I had to be like you need to take it down to like at least 7 old girl. I'm giving her this, she was telling Condi about herself and what she was NOT feeling but it was just that a big old, "You suck, and let me break down how and why you suck and while I'm at it...did I tell you that you suck, cause if not, let me do it again for another 5 minutes without breathing."

Now let me put this out there, I love a good bitch slap fest like the next fool but attacking one's moral fiber is some shit, and dare I say, just dirty. Yeah, all politics are dirty...and we sure know war is, cause that is what BB was tripping on but wow it was extra. It's like talking about someone's mama...you just don't do it. She all but said, "Yo, Condi, you sucking off Bushie there? Cause I know that is why you have been shady as hell and I think you straight up are lying and that is why motherfuckers are dropping like flies in that there Iraq." For real, I'm sure that Babs is straight street...she was THIS close to flipping a table over. Watch some C-SPAN reruns of the "event" and you be able to check it.

Anyway, Condi was like oh snap, no you didn't. And for the first time I swear she had some emotion. She looked BB dead in her eye and was like, "If you EVER try to question my integrity I will snap your neck like a twig. You hear me white woman, cause you about to see me get REAL black...I know y'all didn't know it was in me but I'm from the South and I know a thing or two about lynching a sumofabitch!!!!!!!!!!!" And at that moment I was like, oh this just got real sexy...give mama a cold compress cause it is heated up in here!

This morning started the 10,321th hour of the hearing and again BB was allowed to bring up some more points...sigh. Now love her tenacity but shit, can you ask a question or two this time instead of just donkey punching Condi...she is sore and wants to go home...we all do. So for about 10 more minutes straight she went on a tirade but the best part were the cutaways to Condi, it was like she was prepared this time. She has her head tilted to the side, eyes cutting through glass and had that look that just said, "Go ahead, push me...see what happens next." When she finally was allowed to defend herself I got to say she did it with a whole lot of grace and style. The whole time Babs was interrupting her and Condi took it like a champ. Me, I would have slapped the taste out of her mouth. Okay, not really because a) can't do that shit at a Senate hearing, b) I hate confrontation and therefore never been in a fight c) no need to feed into violent racial stereotypes...but you know what I'm trying to say.

Moral of the story...still not a huge Condi fan, I mean for the love of god her job is to wipe the ass of Bushie...but I do respect her grace under fire...and we are talking some backdraft madness. She didn't back down from the Boxer (and she was acting like an actual boxer during their exchange) and that has to count for something. But you know what? If I was Babs and was stuck with that dreadful haircut on air I would lash out at others too...and that morphing into Dustin Hoffman thing can't be helping either. Seriously, put those two side to side....uncanny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home