Friday, October 27, 2006

Lady Sovereign: Public Warning

You kids know how I was trippin' over the Lady Sov EP and trippin' all over myself about seeing the midge at Coachella, right? Well thank the Lord she has delivered with her full length debut.

Public Warning ain't going to change the face of rap (let's be honest, in the good old U.S. of A it's the hipsters, and those that love Verizon commericals that are going to buy this album) but it sure will put a little hitch in the giddy up.

This is a fun, sassy, crude and well produced album...and Lil' Lady Sovereign is owning it. She's got her own flow/style on lock and she is not trying to be anyone but herself. God bless old girl. (M'kay she is like 8 years old but you know what I mean.) It makes you want to rock some Salt' N' Pepa hair, big old gold hoops, and push it real good.

Some of the tracks from her EP ("Random", "A Little Bit of Shhh") are on here and fit right in with the new jammies. Gots to say, I love me some Missy E, but I'm not down with her remix of the first single, "Love Me or Hate Me". Shoot, ain't nothing wrong with having a bad day.

So fools, grab this. This trick is saucy. I like that from my Brits. Oh and don't hate cause me and my boy JDom are going to see her at Bowery on Sunday. These things happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home