Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AIDS Walk 2006...hurts so good

Right now I have to give a big shout out to the lovely folks that donated $2,285 for me to get my walk on. My fools are generous and that warms my black little heart.

I also have to say thanks to my girl Adrienne for having me join the Ubuntu Education Fund team this year...they were a swell bunch of kids to walk with. And we got these kicky little t-shirts to wear. They had some African motif vibe worked out so it was totally click-click-click...I love that stuff.

Another bit of brava goes to Mr. Arthur James Solomon for ditching his Bank of America team to walk with us--make friends along the way--and to make fabulously lewd and lascivious comments in the presence of small children and senior citizens. I love dude.

Even though we were complaining like a bunch of mothers about our feet hurting and the lack of better snacks along the 6.2 mile walk--someone should have slapped us--it was fun. And our team ranked #2 for donations...bow down suckas, cause really, raising money for the AIDS is totally a competition.

Moral of the story, KEEP us near the top or get us to number one and get your generosity on. God won't banish you from his kingdom if you do.

Blessings.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=155828&lis=1&kntae155828=13F3241FA25E4CD781DCECA204CD0CBD&supId=124900844

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home