Thursday, May 18, 2006

America's Next Top Model: They have redeemed themselves

Okay, after having that wreck of a girl, Nicole, win last year I was ready to have ANTM suck my dick but they seen the light and finally decided that the BEST GIRL EVER would win--and that girl was Danielle!

Danielle was, is and always will be the NICEST girl they have ever had on my beloved dog and pony show and resulting in that my heart filled with such job when she won last week. The reason it took me so long to post about this was because I JUST stopped tearing up about it. Sniffle, sniffle, sigh...

There is nothing like a tall ol' black girl that has been taking care of her mama with rhumatoid arthritis--who had a gap in her teef a la Lauren Hutton-- climb to the top of the crippling insecure model heap and grab that flag. Oh lord, here I go again getting all emotional. Miss Danielle never let the drama get to her and always acted a lady when she should have slapped Jade every other minute for just existing. (I don't even have the strength to type about that woman...hot mess and a half. And yes Jade, you are arrogant, don't listen to your parents when they tell you it's just "confidence". They say that cause they supposedly love you.) I always felt that I would have been cool with Joanie winning but then about 15 minutes before the finale was over I was like oh no, sweet Jesus you have to let my girl win...and my prayers were answered. Reason #48 of why I might need to go to church again.

Moral of the story: Dreams do come true and as my dear friend Adrienne said, "When Danielle won it was like I had won America's Next Top Model." Actually Adrienne is was like we ALL won.

God bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home