Thursday, April 13, 2006

Silversun Pickups: A band I think I need to be down with

So I'm listening to my dear KEXP.org and they played the song, "Kissing Families", and I was like, "Um, I believe I have heard this before, but sugar, I'm feeling it extra now." Well I was listening to a live version from SXSW (I still need to roll up in there one day) broadcast on my favorite org.

Great vocals, with that heartfelt "the tide is changing in music (circa 1992)" vibe and just...oh take a listen. They are from the Silverlake section of LA (or maybe it's Echo Park or like Los Feliz, you know somewhere "hip" and bearable) so don't be too mad at them for being faux Brooklynites.

Anyhoo, check it out--and educate yourself by checking out their website.

http://silversunpickups.com/main.htm

On another musical note...

Find the song "Heartbeat" from a Swedish group that bequeath themselves the name of The Knife. Lead homegirl is on a Cyndi Lauper synthy kick...I lub it.
http://www.theknife.net/o0oo.html

Oh, and I'm into that Pussycat Dolls song "Beep". I'm not proud of it but that is my cross to bear. You win some and you lose some cause apparently I didn't learn when to fold em with this one. Oh well...

Enjoy the aural goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home