Friday, April 07, 2006

Gorillaz

I could take up acres of space telling you all how good the last Gorillaz show at the Apollo was last night and how much I love my friend Brian for calling me at 7pm last night to ask me to go. There is the possibility that I let it be known they had a child's choir up there that was killing it. Or how the string section was a classy touch. I might touch upon the fact that this time the "band" was not projected on a screen and was actually up close and personal unlike the tour four years ago. I might also want to mention how Nenah Cherry and De La Soul performed and took me back to a time where all I cared about was a buffalo stance and being three feet high and rising. But I won't.

I will tell you that about five rows* behind us sat Paul Simonon from the Clash. On the way out, when I spotted the luminary (still looking so awesome all other musicians should be feel like warmed over trash, except for Josh Homme cause he is so rawk), I turned to Brian and told him to prepare to hold me up by my elbow cause I was bout to fall out.

That is how you throw a show. Swoon.

*Um, and yeah, David Gilmore of Pink Floyd was right behind us. That was aiight, but it was NOT Clash related. RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And guess what is pure comedy? Seeing Barry Sobel jamming out. If you know who I'm talking about you already know this stupid funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home