Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jon Brion: I just want to give him a hug

Many times on this here blog I have yammered on and on about how grand Mr. Brion is. You know: great producer, musician, snazzy dresser. The usual.

Well as of today I can say what a swell guy he is in person!

See Mr. Read's friend Chris (a swell guy too I might add) is the Executive Producer of Soundcheck on WNYC and Jon Brion was a guest on the show. Resulting in that he was kind enough to invite us to check him out on the show, in addition to this amazing Norwegian performer/lawyer/activist...but that is for another post, trust me, the brother deserves it.

So let me cut off the fat...

We went, listened to him wax poetic about his music, others and just be damn amusing. Swoon. At the end of his session he came into the control room where we all were to watch the Norwegian dude and he even laughed at something I said. Yer heard me, he LAUGHED AT SOMETHING I SAID...and it was a good laugh.

Moral of the story is this: I got to introduce myself to him, he was kind and endearing and I'm going to see him tonight at the Canal Room with my dear Jason Black, cause tomorrow is Black-ay's b'day. All in all, today was a good day.

Oh, except for all the effin' rain in this damn city. Before Jon Brion I was on suicide watch. See, that man does so much good for the world! I'm now not going to cut my throat, cause if I had done that then you wouldn't be able to read this blog, and I know that makes your day. Shit, all of us fuckers win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home