Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The L Word=Lestastic!

Hand to God...I love me some hot ass lesbians!

When the L Word first started coming on I was like whatever...I don't need to be watching no kind of show about the puss...cause I have one of my own and you throw in about 6 or 7 more and that shit gets complicated. But this past weekend my girl Toni Ann calls me and was like, for real, you need to check this shit...and about 14 hours later (via Showtime on Demand) I'm all up in it.

Now yes, there is all sorts of girl on girl action, which is fine if that is your thang, but the storylines are just riveting dammit...ri-vet-ing! You got Alice the quirky magazine writer that has found out that she is in love with her best friend Dana, a tennis player that is coming to terms with her lesbianism and has a great apartment by the by. The most annoying character is Jenny, who I can totally do without. She moves to LA to be move in with her boyfriend (who is super cute and nice)...but then sees hot ass Marina, who of course is like French or something, they make out in a bathroom and it is ON! Her boo, who now has become her fiance, finds Marina between Jenny's legs and the shit hits the fan. Then there is Bette and Tina...the perfect lesbian couple. Except they are not that perfect. Well Bette, played by the lovely Jennifer Beals (that bitch is on fire at 40, I'm scurred of her), is this control freak that is the director of an art museum and the "man" in the relationship with Tina. Tina and and her try to get pregnant, do, then miscarry. Drama. Anyway Tina finds out that Bette is having an affair and the pussy goes flying. It is some shit you NEED to see (episode #13 on demand...peep it right quick). Oh, and you got Kit, Bette's sister, well half sister (did I tell you that Bette is bi-racial AND gay...throwing all the shit in there), she is a recovering alcoholic that may or may not be falling in love with a drag king played AMAZINGLY by Kelly Lynch (loved her in Drugstore Cowboy, best Gus Van Sant movie hands down). And then there is my lesbian crush...Shane. Swoon. She is this androgynous hairdresser that just screams sex and rock and roll. Love that lezzie. Her character used to turn tricks on Santa Monica Blvd when folks thought she was a gay man...whatever. She is super duper cute...and Gwyneth Paltrow's cousin in real life. Her problem...besides turning tricks...her soul is crushed so she just breaks hearts left and right...but she is a great friend to the ladies I have mentioned above. And you have to pay attention to the story arc where she has this affair and falls in love with Roseanna Arquette and her husband and daughter find out. This shit beats the hell out of the daytime soaps!

So it's kinda crazy. For the past 72 hours ALL I can talk about the L Word and how awesome it is--and now that I have watched all of season one and first episode of season two I don't know what to do with myself. This past weekend this was my WHOLE existence and it made me so happy.

For real, this show is making lesbianism seem all sorts of sassy and shit...and those bitches can dress. I mean come on, how many really fashionable lady lovers you know? Not many. Maybe only LA lesbians are this fierce. Whatever it is I don't care...I love this show and I want everyone to know! I want the world to know I LOVE LESBIANS!*

Now go call your local cable provider and get yourself some Showtime. Swalla!

*By the by the best line of the show, and what I consider my mantra was this one from "Jenny's" friend that came to visit her (I might be paraphrasing little):

"I'm all about female companionship but dude, I can't get down with the puss. I love the dick." Ain't that the truth. And end scene.

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

Wow, we have the exact same love for L Word, down to the dislike of Jenny and the lust for Shane. Mike does not understand my obsession. (And you'd think he'd be all about the hot girl-girl action....)

February 25, 2005 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Have you seen the new season yet? I swear they are making Shane a dude now...but I still heart her/him. And Jenny is fucking beat!

March 2, 2005 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home