Monday, February 21, 2005

Let me tell you what is super beat

Sulfites. Yes, I said it sulfites. And you might want to ask, "Hey Erika, what have sulfites done to you?" And with that I will say everything my friend, every damn thing on this here God's green Earth.

So I meet Jason and Jim for dinner last night (we were going to go to Canapa but they were closed so we went to their sister restaurant next door that was serving the their menu also...but I'm getting off the mark, as I usually am apt to do) and we get a bottle of wine. Had some muscles and a lovely individual pizza...the boys had lamb and mashed potatoes, and let me tell you that it was divine...and that wine and it was yummtastic. After the meal we headed over to Crudo for the lovely Ms. Cionin Lorenzo's birthday party...nice spot, you should check it. If you are obese you might want to skip it cause the joint it quite narrow, but they have a grand garden that is an absolute delight when the weather is nice. Sweet Lord, right there you just witnessed me channeling my mother. Whatever.

Okay, so I'm thinking just stick with the wine gurl, you know mixing it lame...and I did just that, kept with the wine and I was feeling very mature about it. The problem is this: I should know that most times I have wine my head ends up hurting...like, "Seriously, this is so not funny, I'm too old to feel like I was doing body shots and shit." Okay, the WHOLE evening I had about, maybe 5 glasses of wine, not FULL glasses either and I'm feeling fine about myself, I get home around 2ish, take a shower, get ready to moisturize and whatnot, cause that is what I do, and I just feel queasy so I proceed to PUKE. Now, um, you know what is not cute? When you get home not even near being drunk, have had eaten a full meal before engaging in alcoholic endeavors and then start rocking the vomit thing. And you know what...this happens when I drink fucking wine! The shit is evil and in turn sulfites are evil. I can't trust the fuckers. Now I feel like when I'm kicking it with Riesling I don't get kicked in the ass and I should just learn that that is my friend and nothing else in the wine world is. But shit, I do enjoy a glass of the grape stuff...and all those antioxidants...dammit.

Well this morning, I woke up with a headache the size of Angkor Wat...oh and cramps on top of that. How fucking rad is that?! Super rad. Don't be jealous. The wine head/"lady problem" combo is not sexy.

Moral of the story: Vodka is much cooler to me and in turn I need to throw my full commitment that way. Oh, and I'm getting old, cause the fact that I'm talking about this proves that. I could starting rapping to you all about the weather but that would throw me in the AARP slot and I'm not ready to go there.

Thank you for your time...I'm going to finish a box of Girl Scout Cookies now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with the juice of the grape. Now I do the very 70's thing of watering it down with selter. I think it used to be called a spritzer. Anyhow, it helps with the stomach and head misery.

I like your blog. Very funny!

February 23, 2005 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Amy...you are a gem honey. Thanks for the advice (so very 70's of you) and I'm glad you like the little bloggy!

February 23, 2005 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home