Thursday, August 19, 2004

Things I'm loving today

1) The bear that got drunk at a campground near Seattle. Thuglife guzzled 36 beers, and this is the best part...he tried one brand chucked that to the side and switched it up to continue his bender. Read on @ cnn.com in the science section.

2) The song "What Are You Afraid Of" by West Indian Girl. Astralwerks DOES NOT put out bad shit, for real. This song is so beautiful...and it MUST be played loud. It has a Cocteau Twins quality to it but much more "extra". Yes, this might not make sense now but it will, believe me.

3) Mark Lanagan--Now I'm not advocating drug use or anything like that at ALL but I have to say this: I'm pretty sure Mark Lanagan's voice pretty much duplicates what heroin addiction sounds like and it sounds sooooo good. Now were talking heroin in the golden jazz age not the bullshit now. The song "Methamphetamine Blues" is just a balls out bluesy rock track and needs to be listened to...check out the version on the Here Comes That Weird Chill EP in addition to the verion on his new album Bubblegum.

4) The oral history of the Pixies in this months SPIN magazine. Almost as good as me getting MY TICKETS in the mail yesterday for the THREE Pixies shows I will be seeing in the NYC! You have to pick your obsessions wisely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home