Thursday, August 19, 2004

He totally Hamm-ered it!

Let me continue what I started yesterday...Carly Patterson, watch how Paul Hamm brings it. Missy, take notes, video tape it, do what you have to, but just get ready to get yourself schooled.

I have to say his performance in the Men's Gymnastics All Around was what the Olympics are about...agony of defeat and the thrill of victory all in one. When that high pitched high bar hooligan got the gold (after flying into the judges and subsequently dropping to 12th place)I was touched. As touched as you can get for men's gymnastics that is.

Dude is a pro. How in the hell do you fly off the vault, into the judges, regain your composure and then come back and win the gold?! I once more swear to Benecio Del Toro that this kid was trained by a pack of dingoes to be such a fighter. He knew what he had to do and he did it.

Now, it helps that the other little men ended up fucking up so that he could come back from 12th to 4th and then 1st...I think Paul was working a Jedi mindtrick or two. Look at his squirely little eyes, he's SO capable of it, I just know it. I want to say a little judge tampering might have been a part of this because the scores were just TOO close, but fuck it...makes for good TV. Oh..and Carly needs to remember this...when Paul won he was like, "No fucking way, stop messing with me bitch! Did I win?" He was geniunely surprised and was so humble and cool about it. I mean, I guess I would have been humble too...flying off your apparatus a la Mitch Gaylord in "American Anthem" will center your ass.

Even better than watching this "drama unfold" was listening to the comentators. When Paul fell they were like, "He will never forget this, he will be playing this back in his mind for days, years...maybe forever". Seriously, if these fools are looking for other job ops voice overs for apocalyptic trailers would totally suit them. Loved every overwrought moment of it!

Bravo to another night of me getting my life wrapped up in this damn madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home