Friday, October 06, 2006

Real People Do Win!!!

So, recently I've decided to be a little more frugal in my life (don't ask me about the coat I just put on layaway, yes I said it LAY-A-WAY...it's like 1985 at Marshall's up in here) and not spend tons of scratch on shows. Anyhoo, I was all amped to see the Basement Jaxx but then I was like, "Urh, I'm not in the mood to spend 40 bucks a ticket. That is retardo" Cut to yesterday...

I get an e-mail from Other Music, like I always do, and there is a contest to win two tickets to the show next week. And of course I entered but was like, "Whatever, no one ever wins them foolish things." Well guess what...I DID! I WON! TWO TICKETS! I GET TO SHAKE MY JUNK FOR FREE TO A HEAVY BEAT! Okay, I do that all the time for free. But this time as a winner! You would think I never go out and have never received comped tickets but I'm excitable that way. I can now use that 40 bucks I saved on chinese food and meth before the show. Okay, not meth but booze. You get my gist. Frugality is dead once you become a winner!!!

God bless America and Other Music.

Okay, off to get my ID at home (why is it not in my wallet?!) so I can come back in the city and see Built to Spill with about a thousand other thirty-somethings that like tubby lead singers from Idaho.

2 Comments:

Blogger heathalouise said...

What did you think of BTS? I saw them the next night in Philly and they were sort of a snooze.

October 10, 2006 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

They went on past 11 and my ass was tired. I was hoping to hear "You Were Right" before I bailed that was not meant to be. Them the breaks.

October 10, 2006 at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home